Bilingual (English, native Spanish) journalist, writer and translator with experience tutoring Spanish and English language courses. Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and G Suite plus online communications, CMS and project management platforms.
SPANISH TRANSLATION & JOURNALISM
NHK Japan Broadcasting, Producer, New York, 2005-Present
- Produced news stories for NHK, Japan’s public broadcaster, from the United Nations where I interviewed Latin American diplomats in Spanish and English daily.
- Interviewed politicians and citizens in Spanish and translated the materials for broadcast while covering breaking news in Latin America such as the earthquake in Ecuador (2016), and the U.S.-Cuba rapprochement (2015).
- Translated on-the-spot from Spanish to English for the NHK crew, plus wrote official communications in Spanish.
Diario El Telégrafo, Reporter & Editor, Ecuador, 2001-2002
- Wrote and edited news reports in Spanish for El Telégrafo, a national Ecuadorean newspaper.
Christine Quinn For Mayor, Outreach, New York, 2013
- Advised the Christine Quinn Mayoral Campaign on Hispanic community outreach, translated public relations collaterals like brochures, flyers and fundraising letters from English into Spanish.
Self-Employed, Editor & Translator, New York, 2006-Present
- Translated children’s books from English to Spanish for interactive reading apps for mobile.
SPANISH LANGUAGE TEACHING
Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO, Languages Department, 2002-2005
-Worked as Teaching Assistant at Lindenwood University’s Spanish language program.
- Tutored advanced Spanish majors with Spanish writing and conversational skills, plus graded papers.
- Graded Spanish language and Spanish literature papers.
- Tutored and served as conversation partner for Spanish language students at University’s Language Lab.
- Conducted informal conversational and writing classes for Spanish language students.
-The New School University, New York, New York 2013
M.A. in Media Studies and a Media Management Graduate Level Certificate
-Lindenwood University, St. Charles, Missouri 2005
B.A. in Mass Communications, concentrations in Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations and Media Management. University Honors, Dean’s Honor List
-Universidad Casa Grande, Guayaquil, Ecuador 2000-2002
Studied Mass Communications and Journalism (in Spanish)