This is a course designed for beginners who are interested in Mandarin and Chinese culture and traditions. The students will learn how to write, read and speak Mandarin step by step in an upbeat and interactive learning environment.
- Customized lessons: the students will first communicate with me about what they want to achieve at the end of the term and set goals with me. The lessons will be arranged according to the goals. Students can also choose from topics (travelling, studying, daily use etc.).
- Steady progress: basic knowledge such as Pinyin will receive much attention and the lessons will not go too fast.
- Knowledge reinforcement: there will be periodical quizzes, including dictations (emphasis in listening and writing), easy reading comprehension (emphasis in writing and reading, contents may include culture introduction), and homework.
- Fun activities: multiple learning methods will be used, including playing games, singing songs, telling stories etc.
- Conversations with native speakers: the course will focus more the practicability of the language, therefore, online/offline conversations with native speakers will be arranged in the latter half of the term.
Teaching and practicing Mandarin, introducing Chinese culture and traditions
Guarantees: The students will be respected. The privacy of the students will be respected. The responsibility of a teacher will be fulfilled.